It has been way too long since I’ve updated. For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on a home project that is consuming my life. The only workout I’ve been getting (other than bellydance once a week) is painting. I have told myself several times this week that I was going to make time for the treadmill, but life happens and it gets put off until “tomorrow”. Maybe once this big project is complete, I will get back to my normal routine.
I haven’t been in the kitchen as much as I should have been in the past couple of weeks, but I do have a few recipes that I can’t wait to share.
The first is the Quick Lemon Berry Trifle. I am a huge fan of trifles. They are so easy and you can make them with just about any combination of cake, brownies, cookies, pudding, fruit, pie filling, etc. Plus, they are just so visually appealing! This particular trifle sounded like the perfect blend for a summer party. I first made this recipe for friends and it seemed to be a big hit, so I made it again for my in-laws, who also gave it rave reviews. I’m sure I will make this trifle again and again. The leftovers are very dangerous thing to have around though- I couldn’t stay away from it! If you are looking for something quick, easy, and light (not to mention pretty) this summer, try this trifle!
Quick Lemon Berry Trifle
16 1/2 cup Servings @ 2 pts each/ 120 cals
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding, or any other flavor
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries), divided
- 42 NILLA Wafers
- BEAT milk and pudding mixes in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Reserve 1/4 cup berries for garnish.
- ARRANGE 21 wafers on bottom and up side of 2-1/2-qt. bowl; top with layers of 1/3 of the pudding mixture and half each of the berries and remaining pudding mixture. Top with layers of remaining wafers, berries, pudding mixture and COOL WHIP. Garnish with reserved berries.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour.